Welcome to the Richard Polsky Art Authentication blog, which will offer commentary on timely topics from the art world and art market.
- Bill Traylor: Forgeries on the Rise (2/24/2020) - Thanks to a record breaking price at auction for a drawing, Outsider artist Bill Traylor forgeries are on the rise .
- Andy Warhol and his Imitators (2/22/2020) - When it comes to Andy Warhol paintings, beware of elaborate provenances.
- The $50 Million Art Swindle: Time to Regulate the Art Market? (2/21/2020) - In 2001, the art dealer Michel Cohen fled the country with a fortune in art and cash — secured just by his word. Is it time to start regulating the art market?
- Jean-Michel Basquiat Turns 60 This Year (2/14/2020) - If Jean-Michel Basquiat were still alive, he would be turning 60 this December. This is what his career might look like if he was still painting today.
- Jackson Pollock’s Psychoanalytic Drawings (2/2/2020) - Jackson Pollock was known primarily for his classic "Drip" paintings. But he also produced a provocative group of drawings that laid bare his soul.
- The Ed Ruscha Market: Who Knew? (1/16/2020) - Ed Ruscha has one of the top markets in the world. Recently, his painting "Hurting the Word Radio #2" sold for over $50 million. Here's what it's like to sell his work too soon.